Wednesday 2 September 2015

Tiny house loft spaces I love.

Hi there,

Today I will be sharing with you some of the awesome loft spaces/bedrooms that I have found whilst researching our tiny house.  It's amazing to see just how cosy and user friendly these little spaces can be.

Growing up I begged for a loft bed and I have vivid memories of being age 8 and staying up late into the night watching my parents sweating over building me my brand new bed.  That night, I slept high up in the sky for the first time and it was a dream come true.  There's something majestic about sleeping up high above everything else.  I felt so safe up there and loved the awesome cubby spaces that I could create under my bed with all of my stuffed animals and books.

I still get that buzz when I look at the amazing loft bedrooms that people create in their tiny houses.  Some of the storage solutions that people come up with in such tiny spaces is nothing short of genius.

Below I will share with you some of my fav loft spaces i have found so far.

This tiny house loft is from the tiny house named ''lucy'' that was built in New Zealand.  I love the use of white paint and dark wooden floor boards, but there doesn't seem to be any storage up here.

This is one of my fav lofts that I have found so far, a great example of a shed style roof on a tiny house.  Lots of light and head room on one side.  I also love the shelving unit to one side and big window by your head, ooh and the wooden floor with white walls.

This is far too cramped for me but I love that window!

This shelving unit is a great idea though I wonder if it would be better to have it on one side instead of blocking off the line of sight all the way through the tiny house.  It may make the main room seem smaller?

 This is just beautiful, great use of dormers and the windows are perfect.  I would love this as a loft!

 Another view of a shed style roof that works great in a loft!

A great view of the overall space of this tiny house.  Not sure if they have an inside bathroom or not and they have really prioritised head space in the kitchen which impacts the space in the loft greatly.

Great storage in a tiny house loft with a sloping roof.   A nice amount of wood too, not too much.

A huge skylight would be so amazing, especially for warm summers nights!

 A great idea for storage space without blocking out the line of sight or light to the downstairs.

 This is just beautiful, so cosy! Can't see much storage up here.

 Lily Duval's sweet little tiny house with a sloping roof.  Her tiny house is not max size either!  Again all of her clothes storage is downstairs.

 Such a modern set up, and a nice shed style roof too.

 I love this tiny loft space, it would be amazing to have an extra loft space over the top of the sofa area that would be a spare bed for guests or kiddies.  Many tiny houses have storage lofts so would be easy to make one that would house a single mattress!

A really interesting shaped roof.  Love the big window and patchwork quilt for a pop of colour.


I hope you enjoyed this post, there are just so many options for what to do with your tiny sleeping loft.  My research has shown me that I would love to have head room in our tiny loft, preferably with some form of storage for the majority of our clothes so the downstairs is not too cluttered.  I also would love a lot of light to enter via the loft either from long windows along the sides or some kind of skylight.

Until next time,
Bex 

1 comment: